Preparation time: 5 minutes
- ¼ cup BARLEYmaxTM flakes
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Greek yoghurt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped into 2cm pieces
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 4-5 ice cubes
- Combine flakes and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook for 1 minute. Set aside.
- Place all ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and finish with a dusting of cinnamon.
Replace apple with frozen banana.
For extra sweetness add a fresh date to the ingredients.
Recipe kindly provided by The Healthy Grain – for more recipes visit their website.