Preparation time: 5 minutes
- ½ cup milk or milk alternative
- 2 tablespoons Greek-style yoghurt
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons pepita seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, plus extra for drizzling
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds (frozen seeds are available from supermarkets)
- ½ cup blueberries
- Or use any chopped seasonal fruit!
- Place cooked quinoa in a small mixing bowl with milk, chia seeds, pepita seeds and maple syrup.
- Cover and allow to rest in the fridge overnight.
- The following morning, top mixture with yoghurt and stir to combine. Dish up half the mixture into a portable container (e.g. mason jar). Top with fruit and chopped nuts of choice.
- Store remaining mixture in fridge for up to 2 days.
Use pre-cooked quinoa tubs or pouches from the supermarket to save time.
Recipe and image kindly provided by Kathleen Alleaume, founder of The Right Balance – for more recipes visit her website.