Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup Medjool dates
- 60g Kialla Cacao Protein Smoothie
- 180ml milk of your choice
- 1 heaped tbsp date paste
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Grated nutmeg/grated chocolate to serve
- Make the date paste by pouring the boiling water over the dates and soak for 30mins. Drain the water reserving about 1-2 tablespoons of the liquid. Add this liquid and dates to blender and process on high until smooth. You only need a heaped tablespoon for each smoothie so store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- To make the smoothie, blend the Cacao Protein Smoothie mix, milk, date paste and cinnamon. Blend on high until smooth. Pour into a glass and sprinkle grated nutmeg or grated chocolate on top.
Recipe courtesy of Kialla foods – for more recipes visit their website here.