By soaking your muesli overnight all the nutrients in the grains and superfoods are more easily digested and absorbed. Plus you have creamy rich-tasting oats that go sublimely well with your choice of fresh fruit.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup Kialla Organic Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- Chia seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Fruit, such as berries, banana, nectarines or apple
- Yoghurt (greek yoghurt or vanilla coconut yoghurt are good)
- Toasted, flaked coconut
The night before:
- Into each screw-top jar measure 1/2 cup of your choice of Kialla Overnight Oats Superfood Bircher or Protein Bircher Muesli (there’s 5 flavours to choose from)
- Add 1/2 cup of milk of choice (dairy or non-dairy) into each jar. You can also use fresh-squeezed orange juice.
- Stir, replace the lid and store in the fridge overnight.
- Remove each jar from the fridge and stir the oat mix.
- If it looks a little thick add another tablespoon of milk and stir. If it looks too thin you can sprinkle in some more of the oat mix and stir through.
- Top with fresh fruit, yoghurt and your choice of garnishes.
- Replace the lid and it’s ready for the picnic basket.
- Don’t forget to take some teaspoons for easy eating.
Recipe courtesy of Kialla foods – for more recipes visit their website here.