- 140g Uncle Toby Cheerios Vanilla Low Sugar cereal
- 115g self-raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 85g dried cherry and berry mix
- 2 tbsp muscovado sugar
- 1 medium apple, cored and chopped small
- 150ml reduced fat milk
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 3 tbsp light olive oil or sunflower oil
Note: Chopped pear can be used in place of the apple. Dried cranberries and raisins also work well in this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 200°C; Fan 180°C.
- Line a 20cm x 25cm tin with baking paper.
- Place 100g of Uncle Tobys Cheerios cereal in a mixing bowl along with the flour, baking powder, cherry and berry mix, sugar & apple & stir together until well combined.
- Add the milk, egg and oil & briefly mix again.
- Spoon into the prepared tin and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle over the remaining Uncle Tobys Cheerios cereal and lightly press them into the mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden and just firm. Leave to cool for a few minutes then lift out onto a cooling rack to cool completely. Use a large knife and cut into 10 bars. Enjoy!
recipe courtesy of Uncle Toby’s, find more delicious recipes over on their website