While mornings are hectic, breakfast shouldn’t be. With a little prep, you can wake up happy knowing that you’ve got something nourishing and tasty waiting for you. This make ahead quinoa parfait contains the goodness of whole grain carbohydrates and protein-packed seeds – a balanced breakfast duo for a sustainable pep in your step which will help stave off those morning munchies!
- ½ cup milk or milk alternative
- 2 tb Greek-style yoghurt
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 2 tbsps pepita seeds
- 2 tbsps chia seeds
- 2 tbsps maple syrup, plus extra for drizzling
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- 2 tbsps pomegranate seeds (frozen seeds are available from supermarkets)
- ½ cup blueberries
- Or use any chopped seasonal fruit!
- Place cooked quinoa in a small mixing bowl with milk, chia seeds, pepita seeds and maple syrup.
- Cover and allow to rest in the fridge overnight.
- The following morning, top mixture with yoghurt and stir to combine. Dish up half the mixture into a portable container (e.g. mason jar). Top with fruit and chopped nuts of choice.
- Store remaining mixture in fridge for up to 2 days.
Use pre-cooked quinoa tubs or pouches from the supermarket to save time.
Recipe and image kindly provided by Kathleen Alleaume, founder of The Right Balance, for more recipes visit her website.