Rise and shine with this breakfast bruschetta – a delightful combination of crispy wholemeal toast, ripe tomatoes, and crispy plant-based bacon-style rashers that will brighten your morning.
Serves: 6 | Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 6 large ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2-4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbs fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp olive oil, extra
- 3 Vegie Delights Bacon Style Rashers
- 6 thick slices crusty wholemeal bread
- Combine tomatoes, garlic, basil and olive oil in a medium bowl. Season with pepper.
- Preheat frypan to medium heat. Add extra oil and cook rashers according to pack directions. Remove from heat and slice into strips.
- Toast bread slices, then top each bread slice with tomato mixture and garnish with strips of Bacon Style Rashers. Serve immediately.
Recipe and Image kindly provided by Vegie Delights.