Looking for a healthy breakfast option? Try this delicious Spicy Chickpea & Egg open toastie on Hi-Protein Wholegrain Loaf!
Serves: 2 | Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 4 slices Bakers Delight Hi-Protein Wholegrain Loaf
- 4 tbsp tomato relish
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250g canned chickpeas
- 2 tbsp kimchi
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper to season
- Heat half of the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the chickpeas and cook for 2 minutes, until warmed through. Remove from pan and set aside. Wipe the pan clean.
- Use the remaining olive oil to fry the eggs to your liking. Around 3 minutes for a runny yolk, or flip and cook for a further 3 minutes for a set yolk.
- While the eggs are cooking, toast the bread slices.
- Spread each slice of bread with the tomato relish, and spoon the chickpeas and kimchi on top. Top with the eggs and season with salt and pepper.
Recipe and Image kindly provided by Bakers Delight.