Indulge in the sweet and nutty flavours of a pear and nut muesli crumble for a breakfast that feels like dessert.
Serves: 4-6 | Prep Time: 25 minutes | Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1.5kg pears, peeled, cored and chopped
- ¼ cup (55g) brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Yoghurt, to serve
- 1¼ cups (135g) Sunsol Almond, Cashew, Macadamia & Walnut Natural Muesli
- ¼ cup (35g) plain flour
- 1 tbs caster sugar
- 80g butter
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C.
- Place pears, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla in a saucepan on medium heat. Cook covered for about 5 minutes or until pears are just tender.
- Spoon mixture among 4 x 1 cup-capacity ovenproof dishes.
- Make the crumble topping by combining Sunsol Natural Muesli in a bowl with flour and sugar. Using fingertips, rub in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle mixture over pear and bake for 10-15 mins until golden brown.
- Serve with plain yoghurt.
Recipe and image kindly provided by Sunsol.