Prep/Cooking Time: 40 mins – 1 hr
- Ancient Grain Loaf (8 slices)
- Parsley Aioli
- 200g Aquafaba (Chickpea cooking liquid)
- 250g olive oil
- 500g Canola OIl
- 1 bunch Parsley
- 5g Salt
- 5g Pepper
- 50g Lemon juice
- 60g roasted garlic
- Spiced Carrots
- 1 bunch purple dutch carrots
- 1 bunch of white dutch carrots
- 1 bunch of orange dutch carrots
- 6g paprika
- 3g salt
- 3g cumin
- 50g olive oil
- 250g chickpeas
- 20g Tahini
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2g cumin
- 75g olive oil
- 5g salt
- 50g lemon juice
- 100g roasted or canned beets
- Honey glazed Halloumi
- 500g haloumi block
- 150g honey
- Roast garlic in a 180°C oven by covering garlic cloves in olive oil and wrapping them in aluminium foil. Bake for up to 30 minutes or to your desired caramelization.
- Drain 2 cans of chickpeas and use the liquid aquafaba for the aioli and the chickpeas for the hummus.
- Blitz all ingredients on high until completely emulsified.
- Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice to your taste.
- Cover and set aside in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Toss all ingredients together in a bowl and place on a lined baking tray.
- Roast for 20 minutes and check softness. You can roast to your desired texture – however hard or soft you like your carrots. (Just be careful not to burn the spices.)
- Set aside.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Gradually turn up the power to high. Use a little bit of water if it’s too thick.
- Season with salt and lemon juice to your preference.
Honey Glazed Halloumi
- Slice halloumi into 10mm thick slices. Bring a pan to medium high heat.
- In a non-stick pan add a little bit of oil sear haloumi until brown on both sides. Remove from heat and add your honey, tossing gently and allowing it to reduce lightly.
- Once the bubbling has stopped, remove it from the pan and set aside on a wooden chopping board or plate.
- Generously lather 4 slices of ancient grain sourdough with hummus.
- Stack on your roasted carrots lengthwise, followed by haloumi.
- On the other side generously spoon on Parsley Aioli and close the sandwich
- Eat fresh OR toast in a press or under the grill for 5 minutes on medium heat or until golden brown and heated through.