Makes: 20 bars
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30-45 minutes
- 1 cup chia seeds
- 1 ½ cups water
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup sultanas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or essence
- 100g BARLEYmax™flakes
- ½ cup pepita seeds
- ½ cup mixed, unsalted nuts (such as silvered almonds, pistachios, walnuts)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a small mixing bowl place chia seeds and water, stir and sit aside until the chia seeds have soaked up all the water.
- Place the olive oil and maple syrup in a small saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until melted and combined.
- Pour coconut oil and maple syrup mixture into a large mixing bowl and add the dried cranberries, sultanas, vanilla paste, BARLEYmax™flakes, pepita seeds, silvered almonds, chopped walnuts, shredded coconut, sesame seeds, cinnamon and chia seeds and mix well to combine.
- Spoon into a lightly greased slice tin (approximately 20 x 30cm) lined with non-stick baking paper. Flatten the mixture using the back of a spoon. Bake until golden, approximately 30-45minutes.
- Set aside to cool. Cool completely in the fridge before cutting into bars to serve. Store in an airtight container or in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Recipe kindly provided by The Healthy Grain – for more recipes visit their website.