Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 500g carrots, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 50g BARLEYmax™Flakes
- 1 big garlic clove, crushed
- 70ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander (or parsley)
- Cook the carrot in a large saucepan of boiling water for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.
- Taste and season with extra salt if required. Transfer to serving bowl.
Recipe kindly provided by The Healthy Grain – for more recipes visit their website.