Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup buckwheat, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 2/3 cup Sanitarium™ natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, reduced fat
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 lime, juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 200g green beans, trimmed, steamed & chilled
- 250g chat potato, cooked & sliced
- 100g thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 4 eggs, hard boiled 6 minutes
- 1 cup mung beans
- Place buckwheat and water into a saucepan. Bring mixture to the boil then reduce heat and simmer covered for about 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse.
- Combine peanut sauce ingredients in a saucepan and stir over low heat until well combined and heated through.
- Divide buckwheat between 4 bowls. Arrange vegetables around the bowl.
- Halve hard boiled eggs and add to each bowl.
- Drizzle with peanut sauce and garnish with mung beans. Serves 4.
Recipe and image kindly provided by Sanitarium.