Prep Time: 40 minutes
Makes: 8 small pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups soy milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 cup lupin flour
- Zest of 1 lemon (2 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp brown sugar or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Mix the milk, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and vanilla extract together in a medium bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix wholemeal flour, lupin flour, lemon zest, baking powder, and salt.
- Add maple syrup (or sugar), melted butter, and wet ingredients mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Mix until just combined and lumpy – do not over mix. The lupin flour will make the batter thicker than usual.
- Preheat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat (Or alternatively, spray with extra virgin olive oil).
- Add 1/4 cup of batter to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes then flip and cook until golden on the other side (another minute or two).
- Remove from pan and repeat with the remaining pancake batter.
- Stack pancakes. Serve with your favourite fruit and fresh toppings!