Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 small lemon, sliced
- 2 x 200g skinless salmon fillets
- 250g wholemeal penne pasta
- 150g sugar snap peas, trimmed, halved
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, chopped into short lengths
- 200g snow peas, trimmed, halved lengthways
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, plus extra to garnish
- 100g baby spinach
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Place 1.5L (6 cups) of water and the sliced lemon into a medium saucepan and bring to the boil. Add salmon, cover and remove pan from heat. Set aside to poach for 10 minutes, or until salmon is cooked to your liking. Roughly flake salmon into large pieces with a knife and fork.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to packet instructions, or until al dente, adding the sugar snaps, asparagus and snow peas in the last minute of cooking time. Refresh the pasta and vegetables under cold running water. Drain well.
- Combine the pasta, veggies, salmon, chopped dill and baby spinach in a large salad bowl.
- Whisk the mustard, grated ginger, lemon juice, olive oil and honey together in a small bowl. Add to the pasta salad and toss to combine. Season with cracked black pepper and garnish with dill. Serve.
Recipe kindly provided by the Australian Healthy Food Guide – for more recipes visit their website.