Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 4 large red or yellow capsicums
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 zucchinis, grated
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 500ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed
- 500g brown rice
- 2 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- 150g feta or goats cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 180oC.
- Cut the top off each capsicum and remove the seeds. Place capsicums in a baking dish.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil and saute the zucchini and carrots for a few minutes until golden. Add the garlic, stock, chickpeas, rice and nuts and bring to the boil, cooking as per packet instructions for the brown rice.
- Spoon the cooked mixture into the capsicums and divide the feta between each. Pour 1 cm water in the base of the dish then cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes. Then place the capsicum lid on top and cook for a further 10 minutes, or until the capsicums are tender.
- Serve with a large side salad.