Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2/3 cup whole grain freekeh
- 6 eggs
- 400g green beans, topped and tailed
- 2 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated
- 1/2 bunch parsley, leaves picked
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1/4 bunch dill, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat Greek yoghurt
- 8 anchovy fillets
- 1/3 cup roasted almonds, roughly chopped
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Boil freekeh for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Place eggs in the same large saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Turn down heat to medium and simmer for 4 minutes. Add beans for the last minute of cooking. Cool eggs and beans under cold water. Peel and halve eggs.
- Combine freekeh, beans, lettuce, parsley and olives in a large bowl.
- To make the salad dressing, combine dill, garlic, mustard, capers, vinegar and yoghurt in a small bowl. Pour over salad and toss to coat.
- Divide salad between serving bowls. Top with eggs and anchovies, and garnish with almonds.
Recipe and image courtesy of Sprout Cooking School.