Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 500g sweet potato, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 medium red capsicums, seeded, cut into 2cm strips
- 2 large zucchini, trimmed, cut into 1cm thick slices
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 x 400g cans no-added-salt chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 50g reduced-fat feta, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Place sweet potato on one of the prepared trays, and place capsicum and zucchini slices on second tray. Sprinkle both with 1 teaspoon of the cumin and spray lightly with olive oil. Roast sweet potato for 25 minutes, and capsicum and zucchini for 15–20 minutes, or until all vegetables are golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, whisk lemon juice and olive oil with remaining teaspoon of cumin in a large salad bowl. Add chickpeas, stir and set aside for 5 minutes to absorb flavours of the dressing.
- Add roasted vegetables and spinach to the bowl and gently toss with chickpeas to combine. Divide salad among 4 serving plates, scatter with crumbled feta and serve.
Recipe kindly provided by the Australian Healthy Food Guide – for more recipes visit their website.