A quick and healthy meal idea that combines fritters which are high in protein and low in fat with a full serving of veggies in each fritter. Serve with your favourite salsa and salad.
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup self-raising white flour
- ½ cup self-raising wholemeal flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 310g can corn kernels, drained
- 1 zucchini (courgette), grated
- 1 tbs chives
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup So Good Almond Milk
- 2 tbs oil
- Place drained chickpeas in a food processor and process until roughly chopped.
- Sift flours into a large bowl.
- Add chickpeas, corn, zucchini (courgette) and chives.
- Combine eggs and Almond Milk together and add to flour mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frypan over medium heat. Add ¼ cup of mixture, flatten slightly and cook 3-4 minutes each side until golden.
Tips: Top with your favourite salsa to really bring out the flavours.