Bring the fragrant spices of India and the goodness of legumes to dinner with this hearty plant based meal.
- 1 tbps oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp madras curry paste
- 2 tbsp no added salt tomato paste
- 1 ½ cup dried red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 carrot, chopped
- 750g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 litre reduced salt vegetable stock
- 1 ½ cups frozen edamame (soybeans)
- Heat oil in a saucepan and sauté onion and garlic until onion is soft.
- Stir through curry paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomato paste, lentils, carrot, cauliflower and stock.
- Bring mixture to boil then reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until lentils are soft.
- Add edamame and heat for 2 minutes or until cooked.
- Can be served with cooked brown rice or whole grain naan bread.
Tip: Frozen green peas can be substituted for the edamame beans. Frozen edamame beans (without the pod) can be purchased from Asian supermarkets.