This salad combines nutritious lentils and quinoa with pops of flavour from tangy cranberries and juicy pomegranate. Tossed in a creamy yoghurt dressing, it’s a refreshing and satisfying dish that’s bursting with flavour.
Ingredients for the salad
- 1.5 cups quinoa
- 1 cup canned lentils
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup currents
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped parsley – set aside some parsley leaves for garnish
- Seeds from 1/2 a pomegranate (approx 1/2 a cup) – set aside 1 tbsp of seeds for garnish.
- Juice of 1 lemon
Ingredients for the yoghurt dressing
- 1/2 cup natural Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Cook the quinoa according to the instructions on the packet.
- In the meantime, prepare all other ingredients for the salad. Rinse and drain the lentils and set aside. Lightly toast the almonds in a dry frying pan over a medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes and set aside. Measure all other ingredients for the salad and set aside.
- Once the quinoa is cooked and cooled, add to a large salad bowl. To the quinoa, add all other ingredients and stir together well. Once combined, garnish the salad with some more pomegranate seeds and parsley.
- To make the dressing, in a small bowl stir together the yoghurt, honey and cumin. Sprinkle over some extra ground cumin to garnish. Serve the salad with the dressing on the side for everyone to top onto their salad at their own desire. Enjoy!