Is there anything more comforting than a toastie on a busy day?
Serves: 2 | Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins
- 4 slices wholemeal or rye sourdough bread
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh pesto
- 60g bocconcini cheese, sliced
- 10g rocket leaves
- 200g Vegie Delights™ Vegie Roast
- 40g roasted red capsicum, sliced
- Heat a non-stick fry pan over low heat. Grate the Vegie Delight™ Vegie Roast and add to the fry pan, tossing to allow the Vegie Roast to brown and crisp. Add the pesto, stirring to combine and heat through.
- Brush the outside of the sourdough with olive oil and then begin to assemble your toasties. Divide the pesto roast mix between 2 sandwiches. Add a layer of sliced bocconcini to each sandwich. Top with rocket and sliced roast capsicum. Top with the other slice of bread with the olive oil brushed side facing up.
- Heat a sandwich press, or warm a clean non- stick pan on low to medium heat. Place the sandwich, olive oil side down into the pan and press down to squash together. Allow the bread to cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until crunchy and golden brown. By this time the cheese should also have melted.
- Cut in half and enjoy while warm. Serve with a green salad.
Recipe and image kindly provided by Vegie Delights.