Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2 corn cobs, husks removed
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x 420g cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 ripe roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon tabasco sauce
- 1/2 red onion, very finely diced
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped coriander leaves
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 jumbo whole grain tortilla wraps
- 40g grated cheddar cheese (omit for Dairy Free option, or sub with dairy free cheddar)
- 2 cups shredded lettuce or red cabbage
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Preheat a grill pan until hot, place corn cobs on pan and cook for 10 minutes, turning every few minutes until starting to char all over. Allow to cool slightly and slice off kernels.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add kidney beans, paprika and corn kernels and stir gently until warmed through.
- Place a tortilla on the warm grill pan and sprinkle a little cheese on the tortilla, cook until it melts or grill marks appear
on the underside of the tortilla. Repeat.
- For tomato salsa, combine tomatoes, tabasco, onion and coriander.
- For guacamole, mash avocado with lemon juice until smooth.
- Assemble tortillas, spread a little guacamole on each tortilla and top with kidney bean mix and lettuce. Serve tomato salsa on the side.