In celebration of International Pulse Day, we are here to share this delicious twist on a classic. Our white
beans Bruschetta is packed full of nutrients for a satisfying and sustaining meal any time of the day.
Cannellini beans are high in both insoluble and soluble fiber, as well as resistant starch to keep your gut
healthy and happy. White beans are also an excellent source of protein, helping to keep you feeling fuller
for longer. This meal is delicious, affordable, simple to make, and environmentally sustainable – try it for
breakfast, lunch, or dinner today!
● Extra virgin olive oil
● 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
● 2 cups of baby spinach
● ¼ tsp of chilli flakes
● 1 can of cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
● 4 slices whole grain toast
● Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pan, combine the oil, red pepper flakes and garlic. Allow to heat for a few minbutes until fragrant and garlic softens.
- Add the beans and turn the heat down. Mix for a few minutes until warm and beans are just starting to soften.
- Add the baby spinach, and cook until wilted. Remove from heat.
- Divide the beans evenly onto 4 slices of multigrain toast and enjoy
- Tip: Swap out the baby spinach with your favorite green. We love mixing up this recipe with Kale or Broccolini
This recipe was created by The Lifestyle Dietitian for GLNC.