Makes: 30 pieces
Preparation time: 15 mins (plus chilling time)
- 200g fresh pitted dates
- 250g Arnott’s Shredded Wheatmeal Biscuits
- ½ cup Almond butter spread, no added salt or sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, plus 1 tsp extra
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 200g 70% dark chocolate, chopped
- Place dates in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand for 1 minute. Drain. Transfer to a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Add Shredded Wheatmeal Biscuits and process until crushed. Add almond butter, coconut oil and maple syrup, process until combined and mixture comes together.
- Using damp hands press mixture into a lined 18 x 28cm (top measurement) slice pan. Chill for 30 minutes until firm.
- Place chocolate and extra coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second bursts, stirring each time until melted and smooth. Spread over slice. Chill for 20 minutes or until chocolate sets. Using a hot knife, cut slice into small squares. Will keep for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container in the fridge.
Recipe and image kindly provided by Campbell Arnott’s – for more recipes visit their website here.