Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 8 slices Bakers Delight Wholemeal Loaf
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (ground)
- Inch of fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 tsp fresh coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp fennel seed (ground)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 2 potatoes
- Coriander seed (ground)
- 1 tsp oil
- Tomato chutney and Greek yoghurt to serve
- Dice potato and add to a pot. Cover with water and boil until soft (about 25 mins), mash and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add ginger and chilli, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add peas to pan and saute for a minute, then add spices and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Add the mashed potatoes and mix well, adding the chopped fresh coriander leaves. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine 2 tbsp of water with 2 tbsp of plain flour and stir well to make the paste.
- Prepare the bread by cutting off the crusts and rolling thin with a rolling pin. Cut the bread diagonally so you have two triangles.
- Apply the paste along one long edge and fold the bread to make a cone. Add a teaspoon of the filling. To close the samosa, fold pointed ends over the opening, add paste to one of the edges and fold the opposite edge over itself to form samosa shape.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a second saucepan.
- Gently place samosas in oil for fry, remove when golden in colour.
- Serve with tomato chutney and/or greek yoghurt.
Recipe kindly provided by Bakers Delight – for more recipes visit their website here.