Preparation time: 10 minutes, plus overnight chilling
- 1 can or 400g cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- 3 tbsps maple syrup
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 3 tbsps milk
- 1 1/2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips or finely chopped dark chocolate
- Put the chickpeas, maple syrup, peanut butter, salt, milk and vanilla extract in your food processor. Process for a minute until the hummus is smooth, stopping once to scrape down the bowl. If the hummus is a little thick, add a splash of milk and process again. Note that the hummus will thicken up in the fridge.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and transfer to an airtight container.
- Chill overnight in the refrigerator. Serve and enjoy!