This week is Whole Grain Week and to celebrate Nicole Lambert created this delicious breakfast recipe using one of her favourite wholegrains – rolled oats
Rolled Oats are perfect to:
- Stabilise your blood sugar levels and keep you fuller for longer by slowing down gastric emptying (how quickly food moves through your stomach), consequently increasing satiation between meals.
- Improve gastrointestinal health by being a ‘prebiotic’ therefore rolled oats feed your gut bacteria food!
- Draw water into your stool, making your stool softer and easier to pass
- Reduce cholesterol reabsorption therefore reduce cholesterol levels through a special kind of fibre called beta-glucan
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons yoghurt of choice
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- A small handful chopped strawberries
To make, simply add rolled oats, chia seeds, cinnamon, yogurt, milk and peanut butter in a bowl and mix. Then add strawberries and mix again. Store in the fridge overnight and enjoy the next day!
Recipe courtesy of Nicole Lambert, https://www.instagram.com/nicolesdailyeats/