This fibre packed seed’nola is the perfect brekkie mix. Fibre helps regulate the body’s use of sugars, helping to keep hunger and blood sugar in check. This means, you’ll be fuller for longer. Plus the maple syrup will kill any sugar cravings for the day!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35-40 minutes
- 1 cup Natural Fibre with Oats
- 1 cup Natural Fibre with Psyllium
- ½ cup warm water
- ½ cup dried fruit
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Soak the dried fruit in a bowl of water for 1 hour – this stops the dried fruit from burning in the oven to keep its soft chew.
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Place both Natural Fibre blends, pre-soaked dried fruit, water, coconut, cinnamon, vanilla and maple syrup in a large bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Lightly press the mixture flat into a tin lined with non-stick baking paper and put into oven or 15 minutes
- Remove tray from oven and break up the mixture with a spoon – return to oven
- Bake for 20-25 minutes then stirring frequently to ensure the seed’nola is toasted evenly & golden brown.
- Set granola aside to cool completely on the pan before storing in airtight containers.
- The granola will harden completely when cool.
Recipe courtesy of our friends at Natural Seed Co. You can find more great recipes here.