These cookies are a fantastic addition to any picnic basket, and great for busy playing kids at the park. As a great source of fibre, they will keep energy up for the whole afternoon and hungry tummys full and happy.
Prep time: 12 minutes
Cook time: 12-15 minutes
- 1 cup sultanas soaked
- 3 cup quick oats
- 1 cup wholemeal (plain) flour
- ¾ cup Natural Fibre Original
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line a baking tray with baking paper or silicone mat
- Soak he sultanta by placing in a small bowl abd covering with boiling water for around 5 minutes. Drain the water from the bowl when you are ready to use.
- In a small bowl mix together the oats, flour, Natural Fibre Original blend, cinnamon and baking powder.
- In a larger bowl, whisk together the sugar, oil, egg, vanilla and orange zest
- Add the dry ingredients to the sugar mixture and add the sultanas and stir through until well combined
- Take a tablespoon sized amounts of mixture and with wet hands, roll into a ball then flatten and shape into a circle on the prepared tray.
- Bake for around 12-15 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
Recipe courtesy of our friends at Natural Seeds Co. You can find more great recipes over at their website here.