What better way to use up the pears in season than with this quick pear and walnut crumble! The perfect winter warmer for these cold mornings for breakfast or after dinner for a healthy dessert.
- 1 pear, chopped into small cubes
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup oats
- 2 tsp sunflower seeds
- 5 walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200C
- In a small mixing bowl, combine chopped pear, lemon juice and 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
- In a seperate bowel, combine oats, sunflower seeds, walnuts, nutmeg, 1 tsp maple syrup and olive oil.
- In a small ramekin or baking dish, pour in the pear mixture. Top with the crumble.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes or until crumble starts to brown. Take out and allow to cool before adding a dollop of Greek yoghurt and extra cinnamon on top.
Recipe courtesy of Maggie Sewell https://www.instagram.com/the.health.nutter/