A healthy, nutritious, but most importantly yummy snack that everyone will love! A super quick and easy recipe to follow and recreate from home. They’re nut allergy friendly also, which is an added bonus!
Here’s how to make them:
- 4 cups of Uncle Toby’s rolled oats
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup of sugar-free maple syrup, or alternatively honey
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 2 tsps of vanilla extract
- Add-ins:* 1/2 cup (each) of your choice of dried fruit/seeds. I opted for both dried cranberries & pumpkin seeds
- Line a 9×9 inch baking pan with baking paper and spray lightly over with nonstick cooking spray.
- Grab a mixing bowl, combine the oats, salt and cinnamon.
- In a small saucepan, combine maple syrup and coconut oil. Cook until bubbly at medium heat, then turn off heat and add vanilla.
- Pour wet mixture into dry and combine by mixing well. Then pour in your choices of add-ins and combine.
- Transfer mixture into tin, spreading out evenly. Spray some cooking oil onto your hands and press down the mixture firmly.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Remove the pan, cut into bars and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Lori Parente https://www.instagram.com/nourishwithlori/