- 1 Sweet potato, cut into 2cm cubes
- ½ Red onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Medium tomato, chopped
- ½ Red capsicum, deseeded & chopped
- Juice of 1 lime, plus extra to serve
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- ½ Cup tri colour quinoa
- 300g Can Heinz Beanz® taco flavour
- 1 Corn cob
- 1 Cup shredded iceberg or baby spinach leaves lettuce
- ½ Cup coriander leaves, chopped
- ½ Avocado, sliced
- ¼ Cup feta cheese or yoghurt, to serve
1. Preheat an oven to 180°C / 160°C fan forced. Spread the sweet potato evenly over a baking tray and bake for 25-30 minutes or until fork tender and golden brown.
2. Meanwhile, combine the sliced onion and vinegar in a small bowl with 1 tablespoon of water and a pinch of salt. Set aside to pickle. In another bowl, combine the tomato and capsicum, squeeze over the lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
3. Cook the quinoa to pack instructions. Drain and stir together with the Heinz Beanz Taco Flavour.
4. Char the corn over an open flame or in a clean pan over medium heat. Slice the corn kernels from the cob.
5. Assemble the bowls with the quinoa mixture, sweet potato and lettuce, avocado, and corn. Top with the coriander, feta cheese or yoghurt, and extra lime wedges if desired.
Recipe and image kindly provided by Heinz.