This satisfying salad contains chickpeas, quinoa, plant-based feta and hummus — all great sources of plant-based protein. It’s also packed with over ten different sources of plant foods, so it’s rich in a range of important nutrients to keep our mind and gut happy.
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 35 min
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained + rinsed
- 2 cups cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic-infused olive oil
- 250g brown rice and quinoa (or grain of choice)
- 1/2 cup fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup plant-based feta, diced
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp hummus
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Coat chickpeas and cauliflower with paprika and olive oil, then place in the oven for 30 mins at 180°C.
- Meanwhile, chop the herbs and veggies.
- Cook up the rice and quinoa (or whole grain of choice) according to instructions.
- Combine the dressing ingredients.
- Once the chickpeas and cauliflower are golden and crispy, place them into a bowl alongside the other ingredients, topping with the dressing to serve.
Recipe and image kindly provided by Eloise Turner @eat.witheloise.