Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup Green Split Peas
- 2 tsps olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 broccoli heads (400g), stems chopped and head cut into florets
- 1 potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- Natural yoghurt, to serve
- Mixed seeds (pepita, sesame, sunflower), toasted, to serve
- Prepare peas according to on-pack preparation instructions.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes until softened. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add broccoli stems, potato, celery, stock and peas and bring to the boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until peas are tender.
- Add the broccoli florets and cook for 3-5 minutes until just cooked. Remove from heat.
- Use a stick blender to blend until smooth.
- Serve soup with a dollop of yoghurt and sprinkle of toasted seeds.
Recipe and image kindly provided by McKenzie’s Foods, for more recipes visit their website.