Difficulty of recipe preparation: Easy
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 2 colves garlic (crushed)
- 1 medium brown onion (finely diced)
- 2 cups of canned lentils, rinsed
- 2 cups salt reduced chicken stock
- 200g cup mushrooms (sliced)
- 100g baby spinach (roughly torn)
- 750ml passata
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 cup wholemeal pasta
- Black pepper to taste
- Sprinkle of shaved parmesan to top
- Heat olive oil in pan.
- Add garlic and onion to pan. Stirring, cook until soft.
- Add lentils and stock to pan. Simmer with the lid on for approximately 20 mins, or until most of the liquid has absorbed.
- Stir through mushrooms, spinach, passata and all herbs. Simmer on low heat for 10 mins.
- Whilst the sauce is simmering boil the pasta for approximately 10 mins, or until cooked.
- Add pepper to sauce as required. Serve sauce on top of pasta with a sprinkle of parmesan to finish.
Recipe courtesy of 2016 International Year of Pulses Australian Signature Dish Recipe Competition, entered by Megan Leane, QLD.