Preparation time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 10-12 mins
- ¾ cup brown rice
- 1 cup no-added-salt chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- Sesame oil
- 1 x 425g can tuna in oil, drained
- 10 snow peas, shredded
- 1 small red capsicum, cut into julienne strips
- 4 large radish, shaved
- 1 lebanese cucumber, shaved
- Fresh dill, to serve
- Fresh parsley, to serve
- Place rice and 1 cup water in a saucepan and stir to combine. Cook over medium heat, covered with a tight-fitting lid, for 8 minutes. The liquid should be absorbed and the rice tender. Add the drained chickpeas and stir.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by combining EVOO, lemon juice, grated ginger and a few drops of sesame oil in a screw top jar. Screw on the lid and shake.
- Assemble by dividing the rice and chickpea mixture in the base of four bowls. Follow with one quarter of the tuna, prepared vegetables and herbs in each bowl. Drizzle the dressing over the prepared bowls just before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Dietitian Connection, find more recipes over at their website.