In honour of upcoming whole grain week try this super simple, nutrient packed meal that is a perfect for dinner!
- 140g buckwheat noodles (soba)
- 300g firm tofu, diced
- Handful mushrooms, chopped
- 0.5tbsp olive oil
- 80g snap peas, sliced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 broccoli, cut into florets
- 60g frozen corn
- 60g frozen edamame
- 2tbsp minced garlic
- 0.5tsp chilli flakes
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp water
- Make the sauce by mixing all the sauce ingredients together in a bowl
- Add the olive oil and garlic to a sauce pan on medium heat until fragrant, then add in the tofu. Cook until golden. Pour in 1/4 of the sauce mixture and cook until the tofu is coated. Transfer to a bowl
- In the same sauce pan cook the mushrooms until soft. Remove from heat
- Cooked the soba noodles as per packet instructions
- Place the broccoli, frozen corn and edamame into a microwave safe bowl, add 1tbsp water and microwave for 5 minutes, until the broccoli softens.
- In a larger bowl mix together the noodles, corn, edamame, tofu, mushrooms, peas, broccoli and spring onion. Mix in the remaining dressing until everything is coated.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Tiarna Foster, https://www.instagram.com/dietitiantiarna/