A delicious warm salad, high in fibre, perfect for barbecues and family gatherings.
- 3 large zucchini (courgette), cut diagonally into 1cm thick slices
- 1 yellow capsicum, halved, trimmed and thickly sliced lengthways
- 1 red capsicum, halved, trimmed and thickly sliced lengthways
- 4 plump baby eggplants, cut into 3 slices lengthways
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and halved lengthways
- olive oil cooking spray
- 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 125g cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tbs flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 50g reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Place vegetables and garlic into a large non-sticking roasting pan. Spray with oil, tossing gently to evenly coat vegetables. Roast, turning once, in a preheated 200°C oven for 30-35 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, to make white bean salad, place cannellini beans, tomatoes, parsley, feta and 1 tbs oil in a bowl. Gently toss to combine.
- Arrange roast vegetables on serving plates. Top with white bean salad. Drizzle with remaining oil.
- Serve with baby rocket leaves and wholegrain bread rolls.
- While most salads are served cold, it’s the combination of hot and cold ingredients that really brings out the flavour of this salad.
- If you can’t find baby eggplant, regular eggplant sliced into strips will also work for this recipe.
Recipe and image kindly provided by Sanitarium.