With a texture a bit more like cake than its other Weet-Bix™ slice cousins, this fruity combo is a real treat.
Serves: 18 | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 5 Weet-Bix™, crushed (85g)
- 1 1/2 cups white self-raising flour (210g)
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut (35g)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 200 g margarine, melted
- 1 cup caster sugar (200g)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice or orange juice (60ml)
- 125g light cream cheese
- 1 tbs margarine (20g)
- 1/4 cup icing sugar (35g)
- Pulp from 1- 2 fresh passionfruit (2 tbs)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line the base and sides of a 20cm x 30cm slice tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together Weet-Bix™, flour, coconut, and salt.
- Combine melted margarine, sugar, and juice in a pan or heat-proof jug and mix until smooth. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir well.
- Transfer the base mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the surface.
- Bake for 18 – 20 minutes until golden. Cool in the tin for 20 mins, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- To make the icing, combine cream cheese and margarine in a small bowl. Stir vigorously with a spoon, or beat with an electric hand mixer. Add icing sugar and passionfruit pulp and stir again until smooth. Spread icing over a cooled slice. Cut into 18 pieces.
Tip: Store extra slices in a sealed container in the fridge.
Recipe and image kindly provided by Weet-Bix.