Delicious no-bake cookie dough treats with a secret ingredient. The addition of legumes boosts the fibre content.
Makes: 28 bites | Prep Time: 15 minutes + refrigeration time
- 1 cup dates, pitted (12 medjool dates)
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1 x 425g tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 4 Weet-Bix wheat biscuits, finely crushed
- 1/4 cup chopped 70% dark chocolate or choc-chips (50g)
- Combine dates and boiling water in a small bowl. Leave 10 mins to soak.
- Place drained chickpeas in a food processor and pulse to a coarse paste. Add water from soaking the dates (but not the dates just yet) and blend until the chickpea puree is thick but smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl a few times.
- Add dates and almond butter to chickpeas and puree again.
- Remove the blade from the processor (or transfer to a large bowl), stir through crushed Weet-Bix wheat biscuits and chocolate pieces – the mixture should resemble cookie dough. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Scoop dough with a tablespoon and roll into balls. Store in fridge or freezer.
Tip: almond butter can be replaced with any other nut butter. Or replace it with tahini/seed butter for a nut-free treat.
Recipe and image kindly provided by Weet-Bix.