Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup couscous
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup sweetcorn
- 1 x 400g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 egg
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 6 wholemeal rolls
- 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 1 cucumber, finely sliced
- ¼ cup natural greek style yoghurt
- Cook the couscous according to packet directions. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, cook the zucchini, carrot and sweetcorn until no moisture remains.
- Place black beans and egg in a food processor and process until pureed. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in the couscous, vegetables, spring onions and coriander. Shape into 6 patties and grill or cook in a non-stick frying pan.
- Make the burgers by layering lettuce, red onion, tomatoes, cucumber and couscous patties and a dollop of yoghurt between the rolls.