Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 2 cups (320 g) wholemeal plain flour
- ½ cup (50 g) lupin flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup (155 g) raw caster sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 cup buttermilk or reduced fat Greek yoghurt
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (150 g) frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180 °C and grease a 12-hole 1/3 cup capacity muffin pan.
- Sift wholemeal plain fl our, lupin flour and baking powder into a bowl. Return bran husks into the flour. Stir in sugar and blueberries. Stir to combine. Make a well in the centre.
- Combine buttermilk, eggs, vanilla and oil in a jug. Pour over flour mixture. Add blueberries. Stir until just combined.
- Divide blueberry mixture among muffin pans. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Stand in the pan for 5 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Note: Lupins may cause an allergic reaction in people with a peanut allergy.
Add some ground cinnamon or mixed spice and ¼ cup chopped pistachios.
Recipe developed by foodnutzz.