Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup (110 g) dried mung bean
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 green onion, finely sliced
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons Moroccan spice mix
- Toasted wholemeal pita bread or vegetable crudite, to serve
- Place beans in a large saucepan of boiling water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until beans are soft and fluffy.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Set aside to cool.
- Transfer the beans to a food processor. Add cooled onion mixture (including oil), coriander, tahini, lemon juice, water and Moroccan spice. Puree until smooth. If a little thick add a little more water or lemon juice.
- Serve with toasted wholemeal pita bread, or vegetable crudite.
Recipe developed by foodnutzz.