Serves: 6 as a snack
Preparation time: 5 minutes
- 1 x 420g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water, optional
- Vegetable sticks, to serve
- Crisp homemade oven-baked whole grain pita triangles, to serve
- Place chickpeas in a food processor with garlic, cumin, lemon juice, tahini and oil. Blend to a smooth purée. Add a little water if it needs thinning.
- Serve with vegetable sticks and crisp pita.