Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 425g can baby beets, drained
- 1 1/4 cups McKenzie’s Chickpeas
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup natural Greek yoghurt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Prepare chickpeas as per instructions on pack. Once cooked, allow to cool.
- Process drained baby beets, chick peas, slivered almonds, Greek yoghurt, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and garlic in a food processor until smooth. Season with salt & pepper.
- Serve with crunchy pita chips: To make pita chips cut pita bread into triangles. Spray with cooking oil spray, season with sea salt and bake in a moderate oven for 15 minutes or until lightly browned and crunchy.
Recipe and image kindly provided by McKenzie’s Foods, for more recipes visit their website.