Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 18 minutes
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 cup white self-raising flour
- pinch salt
- zest from 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp margarine or non-dairy spread, melted
- 1/4 cup sparkling water
- 1/3 cup So Good™ Regular Soy Milk
For the filling
- 3/4 cup frozen mixed berries, partially thawed
- 1/4 cup berry jam
- Preheat oven to 190°C (370°F). Line an oven tray or 20cm tin with baking paper.
- To make the dough, combine flours, salt and lemon zest in a bowl and stir well. Drizzle in the melted spread and use a fork to mix, until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add lemonade and So Good soy milk–quickly stir again with the fork, just until the dough comes together. Knead in a bowl a few times to collect any remaining flour, then turn out onto floured bench-top.
- Lightly dust top of dough with a bit of extra flour to prevent sticking, and roll into a 24 x 36cm rectangle. With a long edge of the rectangle closest to you, spread jam over the dough, leaving 2cm of dough clear on the opposite long edge. Scatter over berries in a single layer, slicing or crumbling larger fruit such as blackberries or strawberries.
- Roll the topped dough away from you to enclose filling, pinch the seam to seal. Slice into 9 rounds with a serrated knife, and place cut-side down on the prepared tray.
- Bake for 18 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Cool on tray for 5 minutes then move to a rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Tip: For a savoury scroll: replace berry filling with pizza sauce and veggies, marmite and cheese, or pesto and cheese.
Recipe and image kindly provided by Sanitarium.