Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- ½ cauliflower head, cut into florets
- ½ brown onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups spinach
- ½ red capsicum, finely chopped (optional)
- ¼ bunch fresh parsley
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup whole grain breadcrumbs
- 1 cup plain Greek yoghurt
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper
- Fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to a simmer, add cauliflower florets and cook
for 8 – 10 minutes or until tender.
- Heat oil in a fry pan over medium heat and add onion, 2 of the garlic cloves, turmeric and
cumin and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl add chickpeas, cooked cauliflower, spinach, capsicum (optional), parsley,
parmesan cheese, onion, garlic and salt and pepper. Use a hand blender or potato masher
to roughly mash ingredients.
- Add the eggs and breadcrumbs to the bowl and mix to combine.
- Take small handfuls of the chickpea mixture to form bites and transfer to baking tray. Bake
in the oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown (flipping halfway).
- To make the yoghurt dipping sauce, heat a frying pan with 1 tbsp oil and saute the remaining garlic
clove. Add to yoghurt with a squeeze of lemon juice and 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and stir to combine.
- Serve bites with yoghurt dipping sauce.
Enjoy as part of our deliciously simple Veggie Grazing Platter!