Prep Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups whole grain pasta
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, mined
- 1 cup broad beans
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup spinach, finely chopped
- 1 cup packed basil
- 1 cup sweet green peas
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Once cooked, drain pasta, and set aside.
- Heat a medium pan over medium-low heat, add olive oil.
- Add garlic, onion, and sauté for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Add broad beans and mushrooms and continue to sauté until tender.
- Add spinach right before removing from heat.
- Add pasta to pan and mix together. Remove from heat and transfer to bowl.
- Add all pea pesto ingredients to a blender and blend on low until well combined.
- Top pasta with pea pesto and serve immediately. Enjoy!