1 serve of legumes Each serve is 100g of legumes. GLNC recommends 2-3 serves each week.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 x can chickpeas or 400g cooked chickpeas, drained
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sumac
- 1 tsp chilli powder (or to taste)
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Gently pat the chickpeas dry with a clean tea towel.
- Put them in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients and stir until the chickpeas are completely coated with the spices and oil.
- Lay out on a baking sheet and cook in a hot oven (180C) – for about 30 minutes or until as crispy as you like. Enjoy!
Mix up your spices, try using a combination of ground coriander, cumin and paprika for a less spicy version or try cinnamon, ginger and a tsp of maple syrup for a sweet variety.